It’s official. The Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition is coming to the U.S.A!
Since there will only be 600 units released, you’ll have to be pretty quick to snag one of these bright yellow beasts. However, the newly redesigned 2021 Honda Civic Type R offers much of the same race car features and will be readily available in California.
The Honda Civic Type R is Honda’s ultimate, street-legal, track racer. 2020 brought some awesome updates and the 2021 Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition adds even more. Let’s get into them.
The Honda Civic Type R comes standard with a 2.0L VTEC direct-injected, turbocharged, 4-cylinder engine that boasts 306 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft torque with a 6-speed manual transmission.
But that’s not all…
– It’s lightweight, reinforced chassis, utilizing the ACE™ body structure, keeps the occupants protected and provides for a swift and nimble driving experience.
– Unique, dual-axis MacPherson suspension means you get a precise response and minimal torque when accelerating through turns.
– Get tight cornering with better control with its limited-slip differential.
- Stylish triple outlet exhaust will let everyone know when you are taking off.
- The unmistakable wing spoiler and Brembo® brakes add not just notoriety but also provide for improved aerodynamics and professional level performance.
- Completed with Vortex generators, air curtains and an underbody spoiler kit for the the makings of the ultimate, street-legal, race car.
- The Type R is completed with the Honda LogR™ datalogger system, which measures and analyzes your track times and performance.
- And the unique, customizable, driver information interface also displays G-force, boost pressure, rev limit, lap times as well as brake and throttle input so you can improve with every lap around the track.
Every 2021 Honda Civic Type R boasts aggressive styling meant to command attention on and off the track. With its balance of power and design, the Type R will turn heads on the street and as it’s sailing by competitors on the track.
- The iconic red H-badge is exclusive to the Cvic Type R, featured on the front end, and is a testament to the 70 year racing history of Honda.
- The hatchback style is true to the original Type R and allows for the light, stiff chassis and wide fenders needed to fit the 20” alloy wheels and Brembo® caliper brakes. In the Limited Edition, these wheels are aluminum to further reduce its weight by 18 lbs and increase its speed performance.
- The iconic rear-wing spoiler adds aerodynamics and enviable style.
- Every Honda Civic Type R comes with a unique serial plate #; the Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition only goes up to 600!
- Complete the race-car look with sport pedals, sport seats and and an Alcantara® wrapped steering wheel.
- The Type R Limited Edition adds contrasting gloss black paint to its Phoenix Yellow on the roof, intake vent and outside mirror caps. Plus, the Civic badge is in a dark chrome on the rear hatch.
The Limited Edition 2021 Honda Civic Type R
Besides the Phoenix Yellow color and being numbered at just 600 units in the US, what makes the Limited Edition stand out from the standard Honda Civic Type R?
Well, it weighs 46 lbs less, has recalibrated steering for maximum control and feedback. Specially tuned dampers add an additional 10x the amount of data per second and lighter, two-piece front brake rotors to help prevent heat deformation. Because all that burning rubber on the track needs a way to cool down…
Both the redesigned 2021 Honda Civic Type R and the 2021 Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition come with Honda Sensing® Standard driver-assistance and safety suite. On or off the track, take comfort in Honda’s Collision Mitigation Braking System™, Road Departure Mitigation System with Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control with Low Speed Follow.
Visit Dublin Honda in Dublin, California to learn more about the Honda Civic Type R and the Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition and find out how you can get your hands on one. While there is not yet an official release date (the 100 available in Canada sold out in mere minutes), we’ll do our best to give you the best chance at scoring one. So call or stop by our Dublin Honda dealership, we’ll answer any Honda questions you can come up with. While you’re with us, get expert Honda information from our knowledgeable Honda staff, who love Honda racing just as much as you do.