I liked the original Honda Ridgeline when it debuted in 2005. I appreciated all that it had to offer but understood two things: 1) timing was tough because gas prices were climbing at a rate that made trucks less appealing, and 2) traditional truck buyers were going to have a difficult time accepting some of Honda’s creative ideas.
The new 2017 Honda Ridgeline, however, is a no-brainer. Not only is it restyled to look more like what most people expect a truck to look like, but it has some features that make it incredibly cool. Here are just a few features I found to be handy, fun, or both:
- A hidden, lockable “trunk” in the truck bed called the In-Bed Trunk
- The fact that the In-Bed Truck doubles as an ice chest, complete with drain plug
- A tailgate that drops down like a normal tailgate or swings open like a car door; very handy
- A truck bed that doubles as a giant speaker and a 400-watt inverter to plug-in your big screen TV
- Storage space under the rear seat and the option to fold-up the rear seat for even more storage
Yes, that’s all fancy stuff that makes the Ridgeline super fun for outings, but it’s also a darn good truck. For example, it’s the only truck in its class that fits a 4×8 sheet of plywood between the wheel wells. And its bed is practically bombproof. If you’ve seen the Chevy vs. Ford bed test videos, try to find one that shows how the Ridgeline beats them both. Honda didn’t start that “bed war”, but they may have just ended it.
Not to mention, the Ridgeline’s unibody construction makes it possibly the smoothest riding truck on the road.
Bottom line, the 2017 Honda Ridgeline is a truck for die-hard truck owners, as well as a truck for adventurous car owners. This thing rocks. You should see it.
Interested in seeing all the Ridgeline features? We have them in stock at Dublin Honda. Call or email us and we’ll get one ready for you to test drive.